Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fun At the Fair!!

My friend Melanie Malm and I were in charge of the Creative Arts Demonstrations again this year!  We had so many wonderful presenters again this year from flower arranging, baking, to scrapbooking and sewing!  I love learning about each of them. That is why I keep going back!  It is a long week, but well worth it!





 We were given another job this year on top of our presentations. We were asked to make a birthday tent to honor the 110th year of the Eastern Idaho State Fair.  So we made games & activities for the preschool aged kids!  I think this turned out great too!  Mel painted all the picture opps & barn and Nephi and I made the horses! (that were soooo cute)


We had visitors that we couldn't pass up getting a picture with!


We found this horse that Nella liked! It looked like it had a scar in the same place that she does. (Under her eye)  Nella and I had a great day together!  I took her on Friday.  She loved the animals the best!




 Nella really wanted to ride one of the rides, So we bought the tickets, walked around for a long time to make sure that that was the ride she really wanted, then we stood in the long line.  When it was about her turn, she decided this one might be a bit too fast...so she and I played it safe and road the carousal!  Was great!




This is a 9 year old girl that wanted to make a block in honor of her Uncle that was killed.  She made her block mostly by herself! She did a great job!  We decided to let her keep her quilt block and let her have the 1st place winner block (it was a beautiful applicaed block, but the rules wouldn't allow applicae on the donated quilt) as well as all the other donated blocks so that she could honor her Uncle, finish her quilt and hopefully enjoy and keep sewing!!
This is the block that I made
Our biggest achievement this year was a Quilt Challenge that we had.  We had who ever wanted to enter the contest, go to The Fabric Place in Blackfoot and choose from 9 different fabrics to make a
12 1/2" x12 1/2" block to be judged and put together to make a quilt and given to the Quilts of Valor.  
They give quilts to service men & women in our area. 
                   
 We had a great turn out and made a beautiful quilt!!

1 comment:

chchoo said...

I love the block you made! Nice job, Mama! I didn't even notice Nella's scar until I read what you wrote about the horse. She's healing up so well. Just as pretty as always! Wish I could come to fair time with you. Miss you!