Friday, August 31, 2012

First Day of a New Year!

August 29th, 2012

Since the kids get a 'new year' at school, I am making a 'New Years Resulution'!  I think it is ok to let that happen 2x's a year!  So, one of my goals right now are to update, and keep updated on our blog.
1st day of school, 1st post!





 This was the kids sunrise for the 1st day of school! Glad we live out here, so that we can enjoy them!





 Since the kids cant ride their bikes to school,
they get to ride them down the lane to the mailbox and wait for the bus!
Tiller was a bit behind, but he caught up fast!

This is a view by our neighbors house



Teancum
 Made it to the "Bus Stop"
 Teancum is in 6th grade this year, he is at the Kirshaw Middle School.  He really likes his teacher Mr. Garner.  He teaches science & social studies.  Teancum said "he is about as tall as me, but sooo funny!"
Sounds like they will get along just fine!
Nella

Nella is in 3rd grade, her teacher is Mrs. Blair.  The neighbors said she was mean, but Nella quickly stood up for her and said "who said that? she is NOT mean!"  She enjoys her and is excited about her year at Central Elementary! And all her new clothes :) 

Tillman

 Tillman was giving me a few crazy smiles, so I had to keep snapping til I got the ones that I wanted!
we called this one the Turtle Smile

That hit his funny bone!  I cant get the picts to move, this was after the turtle smile!






 This one was better!  he does have a very cute smile!  
Tillman is in Central with Nella.  He is in 1st grade and goes all day long.  He said "going a half day is better"  but he enjoys school too, and eating lunch there.  His teacher this year is Mrs. Ball.  He also likes her, and he said she said :) "when I am mad, I can become a bear" but Tiller said, "she doesn't really turn into a bear, she just said that"  I thought that was funny!
Loved the kids choice of shoes this year

The bus drives past our house at 7:00am, goes to the end of the road and turns around, then will pick up the kids at 7:05am. She has been right on the dot every day!  We thought it was hilarious how fast she went by the first time.  the kids said it reminded them of Harry Potter..."Hold on it is going to be a bumpy ride"  They like riding the bus together.

even Ruin wanted a ride. she did almost get on


Kamber was still a sleep, but Brogan woke up just in time to tell me hi when I walked back home!  Brogan will do a neighborhood preschool 1x a week with our old friends, which will be fun!  Kamber will join us too.                                 I cant believe how quiet the house is with only 2 kiddos here!                                                                                               We even played cars together & learned some colors &signs!                                                                                           Hopefully this will be a fun year for all of us!

4 comments:

Dawson Family said...

Yeah! I love your new resolution! The kids look great!

chchoo said...

I love your new resolution, too! I'm more than a month behind on my blog. One of these days I'll catch up. I love all the new pics!! Glad you're liking your new house.

Rishi said...

That first day of school sure is an adventure! It's been quiet around our house too. I miss them. Hope your school year goes well.

Terry and Kalli said...

They look so cute and big! i can't believe how old we are getting - we have a middle schooler :) I'm jealous that they aren't wearing uniforms and that they need a coat :) It's 95 here today :)