Sunday, January 15, 2012

lOvE CaKeS!

 On the 6th of January, a lady from our old ward called and asked if  I would do a wedding cake for her son on that Friday.  I agreed and went to work.  Really you need a couple of weeks to get the vision, practice, do some research, and all the shopping!  I had 3 1/2 days...I am glad that my mom was here, she went shopping with me and for me, and helped with the kids.   too bad she didn't get to see the finally!
My cake helper...he wanted to help make frosting! and got everything that came with it!  I had to grab the camera fast!

 I was asked to make enough cake to feed 200+ people. so I made the big center piece (3 tier)  then 1 sheet cake & 2 1/2 sheets!  I love how it turned out, could have been a bit more purple instead of white, but it was a fun marbled butterfly cake!  I am using the $ from this cake to buy a Cake Cricut to share with my fun sister...cant wait to use it!!!

1 comment:

Terry and Kalli said...

it's beautiful!! You are amazing! Miss you